The Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC), Contra Costa County Department of Conservation and Development, and the Delta Stewardship Council will be holding the first working group meeting for the Eastern Contra Costa County Adapting to Rising Tides (ART) Project on July 24 1-4PM at CSU East Bay’s Concord Campus. This project addresses the need to develop a better understanding of threats posed by current and future flooding in Eastern Contra Costa County (from Pittsburg to Clifton Court) and identify opportunities to respond with appropriate adaptation strategies.
The Eastern Contra Costa ART team is looking forward to partnering with the Working Group to ensure the region’s critical needs are captured, and that we successfully identify and prioritize adaptation strategies that can be funded and implemented to make East County more resilient to climate change.
July 24, 2018
CSU East Bay, Concord Campus
4700 Ygnacio Valley Rd
Concord, CA 94521
The success of this project relies on Working Group members offering their expertise as members of the community and representatives of organizations with knowledge of key issues such as transportation, utilities, housing, flood protection, natural areas and public health. Working group members will help guide the project team on project efforts including:
- Defining what resilience means for the region and developing resilience goals that will guide the project;
- Sharing information on critical areas that need to be protected from sea level rise and flooding;
- Providing input at key project milestones as critical issues and findings are developed;
- Developing adaptation actions for the region that prioritize and protect our most vulnerable communities and assets from flooding; and
- Ensuring that information and recommendations developed are implemented
The working group will hold meetings every two to three months over the next year. Working group members will also be asked to review preliminary documents and findings and provide local expertise to assist the Project Team.
We hope that you will join us in this project as your expertise and engagement will be essential for its success.
Please RSVP for the event: here
Sign up for future updates: here
More information about the project is available here