The meeting provided an opportunity for the working group and project team to:
- Introduce the ART Program and the Eastern Contra Costa ART Project
- Confirm project scope, schedule, objectives
- Discuss the functions, values and assets in the project area that are essential to consider
- Collect information to help guide development of resilience goals that will help guide the project
- Discuss the products and tools that stakeholders need to address current and future flooding
We received great input from everyone during our breakout sessions, but we would love to get input from those of you who couldn’t make the meeting. Please take a few minutes to let us know what you hope to accomplish through this project using this form (please submit comments by 8/15).
The project team is continuing to assess the vulnerability of assets and sectors and working with the consultants to complete the modeling and mapping of sea level rise in the project area. We will be scheduling our next working group meeting soon. At this meeting, we will present the modeling and mapping results, expand and revise vulnerability assessment results, and get your feedback on draft resilience goals.
We greatly appreciate critical feedback by stakeholders who can add new perspectives on vulnerability, and point us in the direction of local plans, guidance, and community groups we have not yet connected with.
We hope that you will continue to follow the progress of the project and join us at future meetings.
Sign up for future updates: here